→ Celebrate SysAdmin Day 2024 with Lansweeper Enter our Giveaway here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inventoryman
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

is there any possibility to compare the actucal inventory with the estimated balance of all pc's in the database of LSW?

Because I want to scan the network daily and if any changes relating to the hardware will be detected, LSW should send an email to alert me. Is this possible? Maybe with a script?

Another question is.

Could LSW automatically send a MagicPacket(WOL)during his Scan if the IP isnt responding? Maybe with a script ?


Thank you




1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
inventoryman wrote:
is there any possibility to compare the actucal inventory with the estimated balance of all pc's in the database of LSW?

There is no built-in functionality to compare scanned records against outside documents. If you use Active/Workgroup Scanning and IP Range Scanning, you should have complete records of your active computers and devices however.


inventoryman wrote:
Because I want to scan the network daily and if any changes relating to the hardware will be detected, LSW should send an email to alert me.

Hardware changes are stored in tables ending in "hist" within the Lansweeper report builder. You can create reports for certain changes and have them emailed to you on a regular basis. Info on report mailing can be found on page 91 of our online documentation.


inventoryman wrote:
Could LSW automatically send a MagicPacket(WOL)during his Scan if the IP isnt responding? Maybe with a script ?

There is currently no built-in functionality for this.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.
Sign up now for a 14-day free trial.

Try Now