cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rstacksz71
Engaged Sweeper
Hi there,

I have a premium version of the product, which includes the option to scan multiple domains if I'm not mistaken.

Under active scanning I've added a Domain DNS name as well as Netbios Name.

I've also gone to Scanning credentials and added a account I know has the rights to preform a scan of a server in the same domain. Authentication testing always fails here.

On any of the servers in question I get the following errors.

Cannot connect to DCOM port 135: Firewalled?
Access is denied 0x80070005 (a IP) and Scanned by the account from above
The RPC server is unavailable 0x800706BA

Now what is really frustrating is that I've tested port 135 by the simple command telnet servername 135 and it is able to connect.

Using a custom powershell script the gust of which are similar to this:

Get-WmiObject Win32_ComputerSystem -computerName $server -Credential $livecrd

Where $server is the name of the server in question and $livecrd is the same account info I used for lansweeper. In the case of powershell however it works.

I would love to get engaged with someone to resolve this. I've looked at the lspush solution and while it looks nice, I'd hate to go to a solution that requires a client. I purchased lansweeper specifically to stay away from client side solutions.

I'd appreciate any direction someone might be able to provide on this.

thank you,

Robert

2 REPLIES 2
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If there is no trust between your domains, please refer to this knowledge base article for instructions on how to correctly set up scanning.

If the problem persists, please contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with the following:
- For easy reference, a link to this forum thread.
- Screenshot of your web console landing page. You can access your landing page by clicking on the Lansweeper logo in the top left corner of the web console. Please show us the whole page.
- Screenshot of what you see when clicking the "Computer scanning errors" link on the left side of the web console.
rstacksz71
Engaged Sweeper
One thing I suspect is the limitation of using netbios names. The server lansweeper is on in on domain1.local. The other domain I want to scan is domain2.net. That being said the netbios name domain2 does not resolve to anything from domain1, you have to use a fqdn in order to reach a server in that domain. There are no trust relationships between the domains.

thanks again,

Robert