cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruscle25
Engaged Sweeper
I have succesfully installed LS 3 on a virtual machine which all works fine. I ran the lsclient.exe on the server which also worked OK, so that I can see it in the console.

If I then change the config of the server or stop a service that is set to automatic, and then run the lsclient.exe again, the config changes do not show up in the console. Is there any reason for this?, or is this because I am testing the free version.

The only way to make these changes show up is to remove the machine from the lsmanage.exe console and then run lsclient.exe again.

One other thing, if I reboot the server, lsclient.exe cannot connect to the server. I checked the lansweeper service which was started, although if I then restart the service, lsclient.exe can then connect. I checked the errorlog.txt file, there are some errors connecting to the SQL server, or the database. Could this happen if the lansweeper service tries to start before the database has started?
6 REPLIES 6
ruscle25
Engaged Sweeper
I have just modified the interval times on the SERVICES item to 0 so that it runs with lsclient.exe runs, and it worked fine. The console is now showing the updated status of the service.

Thanks for your help with this.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Indeed, best is to change it for things that are often changed (software, files, ...)
But for cdroms or other things that are mostly static I wouldn't recommend it.
ruscle25
Engaged Sweeper
They are all on a LAN so there should not be too much of an issue. It's just though we can keep an updated view of what's going on every time a client connects, rather than having to perform manual scans as with other software!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I try modifying the interval time to update the relevant information each time the lsclient.exe runs.

Depending on the amount of computers / Network speed this can cause problems (especially if you have slow wan connections)
If you have only a lan it shouldn't be a problem.
ruscle25
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for the prompt reply!

I have set the SQL server as a dependancy on the lansweeper service, restarted and lsclient.exe works fine the first time.

I try modifying the interval time to update the relevant information each time the lsclient.exe runs.

Thanks
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The lsclient connects to the service (which does the actual scan) so the service needs to be running always.
The error you experiencing is a timing issue between sqlserver and the service (this will be fixed in next release)
(the service is started before the sqlserver is running) (search the forum for temporary solutions)

The config changes do not show up in the console. Is there any reason for this?

The scheduling is based on an interval time, you can use lsmanage to change the interval (wait time)

For example
CDROM = 60 means "scan cdrom info every 60 days"
Files = 0 means "scan file info every time lsclient runs"
xxx = 1 means "scan XXX every 1 day (24 hours)