cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrVal
Engaged Sweeper III
I have hundreds of PC's that are not being flagged as non-active. I have it set to move computers to non-active after 10 days. Here is an example of dates.

First seen: 03/25/2011 19:13:09

Last tried: 10/25/2011 01:25:01

Anything I can do to get these flagged as non-active?
This is with version 4.2.0.52
14 REPLIES 14
MrVal
Engaged Sweeper III
Any chance of that being fixed? Instead of
"Automatically make non-active computers active when they are rescanned"
how about
"Automatically make non-active computers active when they are SEEN"

As I see it i'm left with 2 options.

Either faulty reports with PC's that are not accually Active.

Or

PC's not being made Active again after being scanned.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
MrVal wrote:
Any chance of that being fixed? Instead of
"Automatically make non-active computers active when they are rescanned"
how about
"Automatically make non-active computers active when they are SEEN"

This would essentially mean the same thing, because a computer's "Last seen" date is changed when it's rescanned.

Since you do not want these non-active computers to be set back to active and since they are still present on the network somewhere, you cannot enable "Automatically make non-active computers active when they are rescanned". If you do enable this option, Lansweeper will set the computers back to active when it scans them.
MrVal
Engaged Sweeper III
LansweeperThis would essentially mean the same thing, because a computer's " wrote:

This does not happen! I have 100-200 PC's that have not been seen in months. And every night when the scheduled scan runs against the OU, it dosent acctually make the PC "Active" but blanks out that field. And in no way changes the "Last Seen" date at all!!

Even the default report Computer: Not seen in the last 30 days
has 118 PC's in it. But yet a PC should NEVER appear in this report. A PC should be made "Non-active" well before that happens. Now, once the clean up runs, everything is as it should be, and that report is empty. Until the schduled scan....

Would this be a correct statement.
If "Automatically make non-active computers active when they are rescanned" is enabled. Schedule scanning of an OU will prevent any PC in that OU from being "Non-Active".
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
No scanning method is ever supposed to blank out a computer's state field. What you are describing is unexpected behavior.

Please email us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with screenshots of the following:
- Your scanning credentials under Scanning Options\Scanning Credentials.
- Your cleanup options under Scanning Servers\Your Server\Options.
- The scanning methods you have enabled under Scanning Servers\Your Server.
- An instance of a computer's state field being set to blank. Please show us the Custom Fields page as well as the Actions page.

We will troubleshoot this through email.
MrVal
Engaged Sweeper III
I do have that set. So I will disable it.

But what will happen if a PC is off the network for 10 days and, gets set to Non-Active. Then its put back on the network, and gets scanned. Will it be made active again by the cleanup utility?

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
MrVal wrote:
But what will happen if a PC is off the network for 10 days and, gets set to Non-Active. Then its put back on the network, and gets scanned. Will it be made active again by the cleanup utility?

If you have enabled "Automatically make non-active computers active when they are rescanned", then yes. Otherwise no, it will remain non-active.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The conditions that must be met for a computer to be set to non-active are based on your cleanup settings.

In your cleanup options, have you enabled "Automatically make non-active computers active when they are rescanned"? This would explain the issue you are experiencing. Make sure this setting is disabled.
MrVal
Engaged Sweeper III
What conditions must be met for a PC to be "Non-Active" ?? I still have hundreds of PC's that are not getting flagged, dispite the "Last Seen" date being months old.

Do you have a DB script I could run to do this?
MrVal
Engaged Sweeper III
And their back again. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with the nightly scheduled scan, and old accounts still in AD.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now