cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbartley
Engaged Sweeper
when i have gone to login this morring to the web console i get the error bellow i need help

InvalidCastException: Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid.]
Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToString(Object Value) +591
ASP.state_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) +529
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +2113547
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +24
System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +26
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +25
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +121
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +22
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1896

so I reinstalled version 3.2 not i get there was an error connectioj to sql server on the main lansweeper page i have checked the name pipes in sql server all look ok

Thank you
15 REPLIES 15
sbartley
Engaged Sweeper
Sorry for the delay the new client worked
sbartley
Engaged Sweeper
all the pc on the network are sp3

wicked i will try that beta lsclient on monday
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I've created a beta lsclient for this, you can download it at http://www.lansweeper.com/debug/lsclient.zip
Let me know if it solves the problem
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is this affected computer a windows XP SP3 computer?
sbartley
Engaged Sweeper
it did happen again .I would imagine it was ther before the last update all the pc are part of a domain and this one was domained atleast 2 monts ago . I will try removeing from the domain and redomianing that pc
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Was this error also present before the last update?

Lsclient sends the domain of the computer to the service, the service stores this information, puts the computer in a waitqueue and starts scanning.
So it must be lsclient sending a blank domain.

Are these clients connected to a domain? (or anything else special)?
sbartley
Engaged Sweeper
thats wicked but the question is will it happen again next time that pc is scaned btw i found 1 pc with null in the domain feild
Baxter26
Engaged Sweeper
Yes it worked, I found one computer that had NULL. Changed it to our domain and now Lansweeper is working correctly.

Thank you very much
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Can someone take a look in the table tblcomputers and search for computers with the domain field empty.