cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
estinson
Engaged Sweeper II
Is there any way to get Lansweeper to to scan a directory and list the file contents?
I have tried using a custom file scan as c:\temp\*.* but that just produces "Found: False".
Also, for the custom file scan is there a way to wildcard search for files with a specific extension? For example; *.xls
2 REPLIES 2
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
estinson wrote:
Is there any way to get Lansweeper to to scan a directory and list the file contents?
I have tried using a custom file scan as c:\temp\*.* but that just produces "Found: False".

No, it is currently not possible to scan certain paths and return all files contain within. The same goes for scanning all values within a registry key.

estinson wrote:
Also, for the custom file scan is there a way to wildcard search for files with a specific extension? For example; *.xls

No, extension based scanning is currently not supported by Lansweeper. We are considering adding this functionality, but performing such scans is very taxing on computer systems.
estinson
Engaged Sweeper II
I have also noticed I don't seem to be able to get a registry query for all items in a certain key. Are there any wildcard searches I can do to return all values under a specific reg key? For example; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\Client\Version\*