cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moss
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi Admin,

I would like to use this beautiful product as a database for adding all the assets into it. I have in my mind an idea as to have a simple webpage interface that connects to the lansweeper database. When a new asset is to be added (example a monitor / scanner / webcamera or even a new computer) simply go to that webpage and enter your details, once submit it should update the information into the lansweeper database. Also mind that when an existing item is present for example taking the barcode as primary key, it should prompt the user that the existing item exists and should show the details of the current item and if needed that can be updated.

Since I can see that lansweeper has asp pages, would be very good to implement it in the current lansweper database rather than having to implement any other new database to hold the webpages. Dear lansweeper admin, can it be possible to have a link or an extra tab or anything that can directly link to the lansweeper database. I know that data can be directly entered into the lansweeper database but I don't want the casual data entry person to have access to the console which can be a bit risky.

Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Moss
4 REPLIES 4
moss
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks. This can now be closed.
moss
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks for your reply, just a quick query:
1. If I create and add a new page will it be still restricted if I restrict that user to the mainweb console.
2. Any update on when will the feature of adding a new computer manually be implemented.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni

1. If I create and add a new page will it be still restricted if I restrict that user to the mainweb console.

Yes

2. Any update on when will the feature of adding a new computer manually be implemented.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can create a new .aspx page (newpage.aspx), place it in the website folder.
Then go to http://website/newpage.aspx

Note that we do not support this.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now