cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CobraC
Engaged Sweeper
Ok a couple of months ago I installed lansweeper on my laptop and had it scan an IP range. Well little did I know that it installed a local profile on each client machine as well as installed a service on each machine that keeps calling home. Well since then I have uninstalled the lansweeper from my laptop and the database with it and also have reimaged my laptop since then, so I now no longer have any of the information other than the ip range which I scanned. Now here lyes in the problem…each machine that was scanned still has the service on it including any subnetworks outside of the ip range which I scanned. How can we remove the services from an entire network ip range including the subnetwork or subdomain networks…also we don’t know how many of the subdomain network machines were affected. The reason we need to remove this service is because the local profiles are getting bigger on each computer and the services are still installed on them and causing latency issues.
8 REPLIES 8
banthon1
Engaged Sweeper
Someone sent me a screenshot showing this, and it was in the Novell Client.

I asked everyone else where they saw it and 5 out of 6 said Novell so I am expecting that the 1 person who said the Windows logon box was wrong.

We are working to eliminate Novell from our network so it would not make sense to work on upgrading to the latest version... although we are running 4.91 SP4.

If that is the only issue, I think it can be handled.

Thank you for your responses.
banthon1
Engaged Sweeper
That's all well and good, but why is it showing that user account as the last logged in user?

I don't know if it is specific to the Novell client that exists on many of our computers, but I have seen screenshots of that account listed as the last logged in user.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
banthon1 wrote:
That's all well and good, but why is it showing that user account as the last logged in user?

Where exactly do you see this user as the last logged on user?

There is a similar issue with the Novell client which can be solved by upgrading to the latest version of the Novell client.
banthon1
Engaged Sweeper
I too noticed something similar.

Our helpdesk received several notifications that the domain administrator account used to perform the scan showed up in the login window on many computers as the last logged in user.

I was not aware that this would be happening, as I expected that the WMI collection would take place over RPC without requiring an actual login to occur.

We have not yet purchased the premium version...

Is this to be expected as a normal occurrence?

--Brennan
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
banthon1 wrote:

I was not aware that this would be happening, as I expected that the WMI collection would take place over RPC without requiring an actual login to occur.

The WMI collection takes place over RPC (dcom).
When wmi reads the remote registry (stdregprov) it creates a user profile on the remote computer
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The clients do not "call home", all scanning is initiated by the lansweeper server which scans the clients using WMI.
CobraC
Engaged Sweeper
Ok if theres no service installed then how is it the client machines are try to "Call Home" so to speak to report the changes to the client machine. Also my local profiles on those machines is reported to be up to 100 mb in size now.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper does not create a service on the scanned computers.