cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Hi all,

We’re working our way towards Lansweeper 9.2 packed full of exciting new features. Some of which are now ready in a preview build:

• Azure AD scanning
  • AWS Multiple Account Support
  • LDAPS support for AD scanning
  • Linux Custom File Scanning
  • Linux Users, groups and last logons (+auto clean)
  • Linux scanning improvements (CPU, OS (including version) for all distributions, non deprecated commands)
  • Linux extra software (/opt, flatpak, …)
  • Windows Certificate Scanning
  • Windows Driver Scanning
  • Windows Store App Scanning

If you are interested in testing please vote on the poll below to join the On-premise testing group.
If you already have taken part in an on-premise test in the past, you can simply go to the testing topic.

By testing the preview build and sharing your feedback, you’re added to the list of potential winners of one of 5x 100 EUR/USD gift cards.

Would you like to participate in the Lansweeper 9.2 testing?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

22 REPLIES 22
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

For specific Linux commands, you’re best off contacting support.

For now, the extended monitor scanning uses a local data source to enrich monitor data. But it is planned to be extended using the same device catalog as CDR: Credential-free Device Recognition (CDR) - Lansweeper IT Asset Management

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

9.4 is now live on all download pages.

Extra’s added (aside from the list above):

• Advanced monitor scanning (not enabled by default), augments monitor data using the LS catalog. Monitors that receive enriched data count as assets towards your license.

Things not included:

• Certificate scanning (To be released in the next release in ± 2 weeks)
  • Azure AD Asset scanning (Requires a rework, no ETA yet. User + group Azure AD scanning is included in 9.4)
Guilhem
Engaged Sweeper III

Hello,

I am beta tester and I would like to know if it is possible to install the new version 9.4, on the installation of the 9.2.0.5 in beta version? (upgrade from beta to production version)
Thank you in advance for your answer and have a good day.

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

To be honest, I’m not sure if it is technically possible. Sometimes the developers put in blockers. You’ll find out when you run the installer if the upgrade is available

Regardless, I would always recommend a clean install. There are always chances that something goes wrong. The developers do not create or test for upgrading from beta to production.

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

9.3 is now live on all download pages.

Anonymous
Not applicable

After update to version 9.3 there was a lot of duplicates at Asset-Config-Devices-Printer page.
I hope it’s fixed:

• Fixed: LAN-12611 Duplicate printer entries in the Config\Devices\Printer tab of Windows computer webpages
    It seems OK in 9.4.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see 9.2 is released without new functions.
Any news when it will ready to release?

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Yep. Originally, the idea was to release everything in one version. However, since this included so much, it was determined to be safer to split everything up. Meaning we split up bug fixes from new features.

Less changes at once also means less chance things break. As a result, the features will be released in 3 stages.

You can find what 9.2 includes here: Lansweeper Changelog - Lansweeper.com

9.3 will include:

• Windows computer data: drivers
  • Windows data: Microsoft Store apps

9.4 will include:

• Azure AD scanning
  • Windows data: certificates
  • LDAPS support for AD scanning
  • Linux Custom File Scanning
  • Linux Users, groups and last logons (+auto clean)
  • Linux scanning improvements (CPU, OS (including version) for all distributions, non deprecated commands)
  • Linux extra software (/opt, flatpak, …)

Our goal is to have this all released by the end of March. However, critical bug or other issues can always occur and cause a delay, but it is coming as soon as it is ready.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We need list of new linux commands to allow run under scanner account.

Antioch
Engaged Sweeper II

Do I need to comment as well as vote to be included in the 9.2 beta? If so, please treat this as my interest in participating