cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eac
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi
I've tried to move the database from one SQL server to another - wrong choice...
All that I could get from the "new lansweeper" was:

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

So finally I've reinstalled LS and now I would very much like to import back the old data base. I have comments, settings, icons, dashboard layouts and not only that I don't want to loose and definitely I will not put them back one by one.

One more thing, the new installation is OK, but the Scanning Credentials in Configuration.
That option is giving me the same error as mentioned above.

I can't figure (yet) what am I doing wrong.

Please advice.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
eac
Engaged Sweeper III
I've installed 5117 version and all is ok now with Scanning Credentials.

Thanks
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please contact support@lansweeper.com and provide us with:
• Screenshot of what you see when you access the error page on your Lansweeper server.
• Any install logs present in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Install on your Lansweeper server.
• Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt.
• Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Lansweeperservice.exe.config.
• Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\web.config.
eac
Engaged Sweeper III
OK, thanks.
But what about the 500 - Internal server error. which I'm getting trying to enter Scanning Credentials in Configuration?
Could it be any connection with the fact I'm using a beta?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
To "import" your data, you will need to restore your database again, as you did before. If you run into issues, contact support@lansweeper.com
- Stop your Lansweeper and web server services.
- Do a restore of the database backup and overwrite the lansweeperdb database on the new server.
- Execute the below script in SQL Server Management Studio. This will ensure that the SQL user for your Lansweeper database is configured correctly.
use lansweeperdb
GO
drop schema lansweeperuser
GO
drop user lansweeperuser
go
execute sp_droplogin lansweeperuser
go
use master
GO
EXEC sp_addlogin 'lansweeperuser', 'mysecretpassword0*', 'lansweeperdb', [English]
GO
use lansweeperdb
go
EXEC sp_grantdbaccess 'lansweeperuser', 'lansweeperuser'
GO
EXEC sp_addrolemember [db_owner], 'lansweeperuser'
Go

- Make sure that the Data Source (SQL instance name) submitted in your Lansweeper configuration files is correct. Your config files can be found on the server(s) hosting your Lansweeper service and web console. They are:
%Program Files%\Lansweeper\Service\Lansweeperservice.exe.config
%Program Files%\Lansweeper\Website\web.config

- Restart your Lansweeper and web server services.