cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcin82
Engaged Sweeper
Hello
I have the lansweeper database on the SQL server. I have to move it to the new SQL box. What kind of re-configuration do I have to carry out? I know when you turn on the Lansweeper configuration utility it ask for a database - is it the only place where this setting has to be changed?

Maybe there ia a document which explains this process.

Thanks.
Marcin.
6 REPLIES 6
marcin82
Engaged Sweeper
thanks 🙂
marcin82
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks.

My DBA is wondering if we could just deattached the dabase files from the current server and attached them to the new server, and after that recreate the users?

Where are lansweeperservice.exe.conf and web.config located?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni

My DBA is wondering if we could just deattached the dabase files from the current server and attached them to the new server, and after that recreate the users?

Yes, no problem. (but take a backup for safety)

Where are lansweeperservice.exe.conf and web.config located?

%programfiles%\lansweeper\service\lansweeperservice.exe.config
%programfiles%\lansweeper\website\web.config
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
# Stop the Lansweeper service.
# Take a full backup of the lansweeper database using the SQL server management studio.
# On the new database server do a database only install of Lansweeper using the installer.
# Do a restore of the database backup and overwrite the Lansweeperdb database on the new server.
# With SQL server management studio recreate the user "Lansweeperuser" and give it the same password as in your web.config file (default: mysecretpassword0*)
# Make the "lansweeperuser" owner of the database "lansweeperdb"
# edit lansweeperservice.exe.config and web.config to point to the new server.
# Start the Lansweeper service.
marcin82
Engaged Sweeper
Hello

I do not move the lansweeper but only its database. The lansweeper is installed on the "server1", the SQL is installed on the "server2" - I am going to decommission "server2" and install a new SQL instance on the "server3". What shall I do? Thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
See this page: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/move-lansweeper-to-different-server.aspx