cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doveletchan
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

Lansweeper is very good for us, I would like to ask some questions about Lansweeper scanning principle:

We have around 2,000 numbers of Windows PC/server and they are in different IP segments. Assume I buy the Premium version, after it perform the 1st time scan, most of the PCs show the information and some of them shows "Not Scaned".

Q1) I enabled the "Active scanning". Will all PCs (include active, inactive and new PCs) be full scan again regular?
Q2) If I enable the "Scheduled scanning", will all PCs (include active, inactive and new PCs) be full scan again? or it just scan the inactive ("Not scaned") and new PCs?
Q3) If I enable the "IP Range scaning", will all PCs (include active and "inactive and new PCs) be full scan again? or it just scan the inactive ("Not scaned") and new PCs?
Q4) In the "Scanning setup - Item wait time", it will only rescan the active PC? right?
Q5) In the individual PC, I found that the scan times of "Autorun" is around 600 seconds, which is quite long. Is it normal?

Regards,
Dovelet
1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Q1) I enabled the "Active scanning". Will all PCs (include active, inactive and new PCs) be full scan again regular?

Active scanning queries the domaincontrollers for new found logons and add the new computers to the scanning queue.
A computer will only be scanned maximum once every 8 hours.
When the scan is done the normal waittimes apply.

Q2) If I enable the "Scheduled scanning", will all PCs (include active, inactive and new PCs) be full scan again? or it just scan the inactive ("Not scaned") and new PCs?

All computers in the ou will be tried to scan, even the ones that are offline.

Q3) If I enable the "IP Range scaning", will all PCs (include active and "inactive and new PCs) be full scan again? or it just scan the inactive ("Not scaned") and new PCs?

All devices in the range will be tried to scan.
Make sure you disable "ignore windows" when you want to scan computers.

Q4) In the "Scanning setup - Item wait time", it will only rescan the active PC? right?

Could you please rephrase the question.

Q5) In the individual PC, I found that the scan times of "Autorun" is around 600 seconds, which is quite long. Is it normal?
no, see this link:http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst3321_Autorun-Misconfigured-report.aspx