cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grymattr
Engaged Sweeper
I had to upgrade my SQL version from Express due to hitting the 4gb limit.

I can access the database from the client login but the web console doesn't work. If I try to run the setup function again to repair it won't let me select any of the 3 update options.

I have a need to get this working ASAP - please advice. Additionally - despite the fact I can access the database from the hard client I'm not convinced it's actually working. How do I validate the success of the database migration?

Thank you,

Dean
3 REPLIES 3
grymattr
Engaged Sweeper
Still having a problem. I have followed other threads and have created the lansweeperuser account at the SQL security level with the appropriate password and still no luck.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "lansweeperdb" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'lansweeperuser'.
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.DoInit()

I could use some assistance on this. I have also emailed in a support request and have gotten no reply.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
grymattr wrote:

I could use some assistance on this. I have also emailed in a support request and have gotten no reply.

From which e-mail address did you send the e-mail, can't find anything.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Run the installer, select new installation, install ONLY the website.