cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tlmjrd103t
Engaged Sweeper
I've followed the instructions to configure the firewall and login scripts using group policies.
I have a set of computers in an OU that applies the firewall GPO, as well as a set of domain admin accounts that run the login GPO.

It works great under one domain admin (i.e. admin1) account, but it fails to work for other domain admin accounts (i.e. admin2, 3 & 4). As soon as I switch back to the admin1 account, the login script runs successfully.

When I do a "Group Policy Results" in the Group Policy Management MMC to see the status of the login script GPO for admin 2/3/4, it says it applied successfully while it doesn't run.

When I manually run the script from the command line, it runs successfully for all 4 admin accounts.

Can anyone give me insight in how I can proceed with troubleshooting?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
tlmjrd103t
Engaged Sweeper
I saw another post about using the .exe with parameters instead of the .vbs, and it's been working so far.

Any idea why the vbs is failing? If I double click the vbs, it works fine, but it doesn't run when it's done through GPO.

Thanks!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
tlmjrd103t wrote:
I saw another post about using the .exe with parameters instead of the .vbs, and it's been working so far.

Any idea why the vbs is failing? If I double click the vbs, it works fine, but it doesn't run when it's done through GPO.

Thanks!

I don't have enough information about your gpo setup.

Could be:
You placed it in the wrong directory
Replication problem
Runs as startup script instead of logon script
syntax errors in the script
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Maybe there is a problem with synchronisation between domain controllers.
try "dcdiag /e /q" to check for problems on your domaincontrollers.
tlmjrd103t
Engaged Sweeper
Update: The mystery of the situation has partly lifted. A while back (6 mo+), I had been messing with Lansweeper and had problems getting the GPO login scripts to work properly. As a workaround, I had manually entered the logon script through the Active Directory setting. I had done this only for admin1, and that's why it was working for this account.

Now I'm back to the original problem of getting the GPO login script to work. When I look at the RSoP, it says the GPO login script fired off successfully - but it obviously isn't. Any ideas?
taeratrin
Champion Sweeper
How are you running it in your policy?

I ended making a batch file on a shared drive, and have it run on logon (instead of referring to the lsclient.exe directly in the policy).
tlmjrd103t
Engaged Sweeper
To add, the connection tester runs fine under admin2/3/4.

Ping test OK
-----------------------------------------------
Remote registry test OK
-----------------------------------------------
Remote WMI access test OK