cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
I have two issues.

Number one:
We have several Linux and Mac computers that are members of Active Directory. Lansweeper fails to detct them as macs because fo this, it just keeps trying to scan them and giving RPC errors. How do I remove them form the PC section and let it find them in the "Device " section?

Number two:
I have both th current version and the beta version running on two different servers while we test 4.0. On the 4.0 server I cannot run any actions in firefox, using the same browser I can run them from the old version. Any ideas?
27 REPLIES 27
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
Sorry, if I misunderstood your questions. There is a Macintosh section in the devices. It is showing a few other macs we have. The problem is that if we join a mac to the domain it is scanned like a PC and that always fails. Could you maybe make it so that if the AD attribute operatingSystem is "MAC%" then don't add it to the PC/AD section treat it as a device?

Same thing for *nix
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
sseal wrote:
Sorry, if I misunderstood your questions. There is a Macintosh section in the devices. It is showing a few other macs we have. The problem is that if we join a mac to the domain it is scanned like a PC and that always fails. Could you maybe make it so that if the AD attribute operatingSystem is "MAC%" then don't add it to the PC/AD section treat it as a device?

Same thing for *nix

That's the idea, but regardless of this the computers should be found by the IP scanning.
Is it possible to post a screenshot (or mail it) from the mac's that are discovered.
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
They do not show anywhere in the "Device" section. So I would say that they are not being found by the IP scanning because a matching IP is in the PC/AD section
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The solution for (1) would be: ignore them if they are not windows, you can find them with the IP scanning.
Correct?
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
Active Directory Attributes for Mac computer:

(I chose the relevant ones as I have to type them out manually)

Attribute Syntax Values(s)

operatingSystem DirectoryString Mac OS X
operatingSystemVersion DirectoryString 10.5.5 (Build 9F2088)

And for *nix machines joined via likewise

Attribute Syntax Values(s)

operatingSystem DirectoryString Ubuntu
operatingSystemVersion DirectoryString 9.04
operatingServicePack DirectoryString Likewise Identity 5.0.3991.1.1
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
I am using Firefox 3.5.8.

What do you mean by AD extract?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
1) could you post screenshots and and extract of the AD objects
2) Which version of firefox are you using? 4.0 installs a new plugin needed for version 3.6 of firefox.
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
Lansweeper wrote:
1) could you post screenshots and and extract of the AD objects
2) Which version of firefox are you using? 4.0 installs a new plugin needed for version 3.6 of firefox.

Do you mean the AD computer property details?