cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amhtech
Engaged Sweeper
Ran the install on Windows Server 2003 w/ SQL 2005 running. System also has SEP Symantec Endpoint Protection manager installed. System is a utility server. As soon as the Web Console was installed, the system gave me a parser error Parser Error Message: The format of the file 'System.Web.Extensions' is invalid.
Any ideas appreciated. DOT net is at 1.1, 2.0 and 3.5 SP2 installed

First time user of this product outside of Spiceworks. Feeling is Symantec End Point Protection is issue but looking for a workaround. Exemption tried but no results.

I am going to install on an XP Workstation (left over brick) and install SQLExpress - but would like to have on a server.
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If possible could you provide screenshots of your IIS setup please.
amhtech
Engaged Sweeper
Symantec End Point Protection Manager w/ Console runs on another Web Application.
I installed Lansweeper in it's own Virtual Directory on the first attempt
got frustrated and went from a Server to a PC and installed the SQLExpress 2008 DB and the Web Server
then received friendly MSXML Server pack 2 - KB954459 Configuration Failed in the Log on that attempt

MainEngineThread returning 1603 Error - on the PC install attempt

One more item

When I installed SEP Symantec End Point Protection Suite, and ran the Admin Console from the particular server in question 1 - I had a Spiceworks installation running in a seperate Virtual Directory on the Web server. As soon as SEP installed, it immediately ate the Spiceworks Server - and cleaned it off completely. Since Lansweeper is sort of affiliated with Spiceworks in that its a freeware startup - I am concerned that AV products like SEP will not allow this to install or run on the network
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you post a screenshot of this error please.

Did you install Lansweeper as a virtual directory or as a new site?
Was there already another web- application running on the server?