cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bei01
Engaged Sweeper
When I go into the GUI console, and select a computer, and then click on the "Permanently delete selected computers" button, it does remove the entry out of lansweeper for a little while.

But then, after some time, the computer shows back up again in lansweeper, even though LSclient.exe hasn't been run on it.

Is there any way to make a computer absolutely be deleted so it wont show back up without running LSclient.exe?
3 REPLIES 3
bei01
Engaged Sweeper
Ok, I think I figured this out.

I had my workstation listed in the scheduled scanning section of the GUI console. I removed it from there, and again from the list of computers, so lets see if it comes back.
bei01
Engaged Sweeper
This is on my workstation, and I'm the only one logging into it.

And the only possible way for me to run lsclient.exe, is by manually running it. It's not configured on any of my login scripts / group policy or anything. In fact, during the last test, I set a software restriction policy in group policy on my workstation to disallow the execution of lsclient.exe.

I can delete my workstation from the GUI console, periodically check the lansweeper web interface, and boom, it shows up again, even though execution of lsclient.exe is denied.

EDIT: Just watched it happen again, and was monitoring processes with Process Explorer, and lsclient.exe was never executed.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This can only happen if someone did run lsclient on the computer (you can check in the logon history who did it)