cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
12345678qqqq
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

sorry i think that this question is offen told, but i do not find a solution in that forum......

since this week we have a problem with scanning the computers. We get always (on every Computer) the errormessage REGERROR Requested registry access is not allowed.. On all Computers, i checked it with connection tester, everything seems to be ok. remote registry ok wmi access ok and c$ ok! i turned of firewall, put all users into dcom security with remote launch and so on (administrators,lokal,domain,the user with the lansweeper serveice is running).

all computers are update via wsus server and i think that there is a hotfix (maybe kb958644) conncerning rpc vulnerability that is the problem (maybe)!

when i changed the users the dcom security the errormessage changed from "WMI Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))"

into Wmierror | Zugriff verweigert. SVENXPVM (SVENXPVM)| 28.10.2008 13:26:4 ....

the message in errorlog.txt is

maybe the errorlog is to big??? 55mb???

in the errorlog the message is:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80072116): Namensübersetzung: Der Name wurde nicht gefunden, oder es fehlen Rechte zum Anzeigen des Namens. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80072116)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at Lansweeper30.sweeperthread.LSADusersearch(clsComputer mycomputer, clsThreadinfo Threadinfo, SqlConnection& sqlcon)

i also checked it with wmidiag... but there i cannot read anything because the log is so big and i do not know what i should search!

maybe someone has an idea???

9 REPLIES 9
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is your GPO running as the system user or as the logged on user?
You should use a logon script instead of a startup script.
dayron
Engaged Sweeper III
I changed the GPO to a logon script.
Now all users have turned into hamsters. Please advise.

ACTUALLY - After changing GPO form startup to logon script the client I rebooted seemed to register just fine.
I'll reboot a few more, but I'm pretty confident at this point your advice has resolved the issue. Thank ya!

Lansweeper wrote:
Is your GPO running as the system user or as the logged on user?
You should use a logon script instead of a startup script.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Does your login script run as a normal script or is it running as a GPO?
When you upgraded to 3.2 did you also change the lsclient?
Are all your clients affected by this?
dayron
Engaged Sweeper III
The script runs as a GPO.
Yes I changed the client.
All clients are affected.

Lansweeper wrote:
Does your login script run as a normal script or is it running as a GPO?
When you upgraded to 3.2 did you also change the lsclient?
Are all your clients affected by this?
dayron
Engaged Sweeper III
When a user boots and logs in we have the lsclient run by login script via AD. Works like a champ.
Everything has worked fine from 3.0 to now.
Just after the 3.2 upgrade, when a computer registers and I view it from the web console, I see this for username and domain:

Domain: %USERDOMAIN%
Username: %USERNAME%

Everything else seems to be just fine.
I have requested some clients run the login script manually and when they do both Domain and Username then show fine as well. I
It only seems to occur when the script is run at login.

As said this was not an issue until I upgraded to 3.2 yesterday. In the error log I see many references per registered computer containing error 0x80072116 and references to the %USERNAME% and %USERNAME% values.

Also I'd like to add when I run the connection tester everything checks out ok. No errors there.

Below I have included an entry from the error log. There are MANY records (per PC) all showing the same info below:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80072116): Name translation: Could not find the name or insufficient right to see name. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80072116)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at Lansweeperservice.sweeperthread.LSADusersearch(clsComputer mycomputer, clsThreadinfo Threadinfo, SqlConnection& sqlcon)
%USERDOMAIN%\%USERNAME%
10/30/2008 7:47:24 AM : CRS19
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80072116): Name translation: Could not find the name or insufficient right to see name. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80072116)
at Lansweeperservice.sweeperthread.LSADusersearch(clsComputer mycomputer, clsThreadinfo Threadinfo, SqlConnection& sqlcon)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
So you are not using active scanning correct?
I suggest first to upgrade to version 3.2
12345678qqqq
Engaged Sweeper
and sorry....

i do not think that is a dns problem because nslookup works in both directions.....

but we updated every computer and server .......

12345678qqqq
Engaged Sweeper
hi thanks for your answer,

we are running a logon script where the lsclient is running, maybe it is because we have lansweeper 3.0!

it is a little bit awful because we have about 600 computers and we are changing now the computer from normal workstations to domain computers.

i think that it is no firewall thing, because i switched the firewall off.....

the thing is that last week everything was ok (i think about 15 computers are not scanned),but since last week we have that problem, that about 480 computers are not scanned (i did not look today) . It should have something to to with microsoft updates, ....

the next thing is, that the remote registry connect is successful... when i run regedit, i can connect to the computer and i also see the registry trees.....

a little bit strange, but i am not so firm in wmi already....

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do you get the error with active scanning or with lsclient?
The error is most likely related to dns problems.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now