cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CharlieMong
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Guys,

We have LAN Sweeper Prem. And when trying to uninstall office 2007 from the web console we get access denied. I am logged on with my admin account domain/enterprise admins and the like. So am unsure where the access denied is coming from???

If I open the web console on my machine and try to unistall office then it uninstalls. Which is very odd. But if i try from the server or another workstation we get access denied. we are using the cmd :"\\SERVER_NAME\Installs\Office2007\setup.exe" /config uninstall.xml /uninstall standard

This command also works from the run box.
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The custom actions run in the security context of the user running the webbrowser/starting the action. There are no service/alternate credentials used.
CharlieMong
Engaged Sweeper
If I run the console on the workstation I want to remove the software from then yes I can see it running through task manager. If I try to launch it from the server it does not even appear in the task manager it just pops up after half a sec or so and says "Access Denied"

The service on the server is running under a service account that has been created for this purpose it has domain admin and domain user rights. Have even tried to log on with this account and i still get the access denied message.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Are you sure the process is running as the same user?
You can use taskmanager to verify.

To find the cause you can also try process explorer

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645