cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonnyni
Engaged Sweeper
Hi All,

Now before someone references me to the knowledgebase article please bear with me.

I have pushed lansweeper out to a clients site for a project, however I have 89 out of 210 devices unavailable because of RPC server unavailable.

I have made the changes required to group policy, i have ran the lansweeper vbscript to modify dcom settings. For remote clients i have modified group policy so that the lansweeper script runs at logon.
To top it off windows firwall is disabled in group policy and they do not use a desktop firewall product on their server estate / pc's.

Their ad forest functional level is win 2000 (due to one legacy 2000 dc which hosts a legacy app as well)

What else can I do to to troubleshoot this?

Next steps i have considered are to check replication between their dc's, but this is supposed to be a SAM engagement not an AD healthcheck which i will not be getting paid for!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Jonny
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
(Also answered through email.)

LsPush was introduced in version 4.2 of Lansweeper. More info on its implementation can be found on page 32 and beyond of our online documentation.

If you are not yet using Lansweeper version 4.2, please download our latest installer here.
Instructions on upgrading can be found on page 103 of our online documentation.
jonnyni
Engaged Sweeper
Hi we purchased a consultancy license 🙂

No i haven't tried the lspush method.

I have just used the in built scans within the console.

Just checked there and I do not appear to have a "lspush.exe" in the client folder on the device i have lansweeper installed on.

Where can I get this?

Many thanks

Jonathan
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
jonnyni wrote:
I have pushed lansweeper out to a clients site for a project, however I have 89 out of 210 devices unavailable because of RPC server unavailable.

By "pushed lansweeper out" do you mean that you implemented LsClient? Have you tried using LsPush instead? LsPush scans take less bandwidth and circumvent a lot of common scanning issues (firewall problems etc.).
If you are not using LsClient, please provide us with information on the scanning method(s) you are using.

Also, please note that Premium and Enterprise licenses cannot be used to scan machines outside of your company.