cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gsvarney
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,
I am running LanSweeper on a Vista machine. Most things seem to be working fine. However, the screenshot function is not working. If I try to run it from a command prompt on the Vista machine I get an error "this application has failed to start because lpng.dll was not found...." If I launch the screengrab.exe by dbl-clicking it, I get the popup window asking for the computer name. I have located and copied a lpng.dll into the same folder as screengraber.exe, and have also tried it in the Windows\system32 folder. Is this a Vista thing or what? I tried screengrab.exe on my computer with a computer name as an argument and it worked.
Maybe I need to move Lansweeper onto a different machine without Vista...

Thanks,
Geoff
7 REPLIES 7
gsvarney
Engaged Sweeper
OK, I messed with this some more, cleaned some stuff up and it's working with screengrab.exe in the system32 folder. However, in order to get it to work off my workstation I had to copy screengrab.exe and lstrigger.exe into MY system32 folder. Maybe that's been said, but I misunderstood it was needed on each station that would use the Web interface. I also set IE to autodetect LOCAL INTRANET and that helped in my case, even though the IP was already in trusted sites.

It's all good now!

Thanks,
Geoff
gsvarney
Engaged Sweeper
Well, I did that, but still no screenshot showing up or file being created. This wouldn't be a problem with the IIS somehow would it?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
best is to copy the screengrab.exe on your computer in a directory found by the searchpath (windows/system32)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
As far as I can find "lpng.dll" is an external (non standard windows) library to create png files. (not used by screengrab)
Screengrab created .jpg files instead of .png files
Lansweeper wrote:
As far as I can find "lpng.dll" is an external (non standard windows) library to create png files. (not used by screengrab)
Screengrab created .jpg files instead of .png files

Ahh, forget it! I found some "rogue" copies of "screengrab.exe" which were NOT YOURS that were in a location in the path. It now works from the command line.

However, still not working from the Web interface. I get the error in IE:
Line: 135
Char: 9
Error: The system cannot find the file specified
Code: 0
URL: http://<LS server IP>/default.aspx:item=compdetail&comp=<client name>

I'm running the Web interface on the LS server, which is in the trusted sites in IE.

Have I missed something else?

Geoff
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This error is not reported at the moment.
Do you also get this when you run this from an XP machine?
Lansweeper wrote:
This error is not reported at the moment.
Do you also get this when you run this from an XP machine?

Actually, when I drag the application over to my XP machine and run it from the command line (with a computer name as an argument) it works.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now