→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiJaMu
Engaged Sweeper
I am happy to see Shoretel switches recognized and categorized correctly as VOIP phone. But the phones end up in the "Unknown" category.

I think it has something to do with SNMP scanning. Their phones do not enable SNMP that I am aware of. So there is no OID to match against. But their asset name appears as "Shoretel, Inc <ip address>" and the Manufacturer appears as "Shoretel, Inc" so it is picking up something.

How do I get the system to put these devices in VOIP phone instead of Unknown?
thanks
~ MiJaMu
3 REPLIES 3
MiJaMu
Engaged Sweeper
Communicated with support.
The reason is because Shoretel phones do not support SNMP. They were identified as "Shoretel, Inc" because of the MAC address manufacturer prefix. Although there is no way to automatically map them to an asset type, support gave me the following SQL script which correctly re-categorized the devices as "VOIP Phone":

UPDATE tblassets
SET assettype = 10, assettypelock = 1
WHERE EXISTS (SELECT 1
FROM tblassetcustom AS cust
WHERE cust.assetid = tblassets.assetid
AND cust.manufacturer like '%shoretel%')

It worked for me, but use at your own risk.
~ MiJaMu
MiJaMu
Engaged Sweeper
done,
thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please contact support@lansweeper.com and provide us with screenshots of the following:
- Lansweeper webpage generated for one of these problem devices.
- A connection test performed to the same device using the DeviceTester.exe: http://download.lansweeper.com/tools50/DeviceTester.exe
Please perform the test on your Lansweeper server, connecting to the device's IP address, and show us the entire test window.