cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ranman
Engaged Sweeper
Hey Guys.
I'm trying to look for computers that do not have specific software installed. One of the problems is that the software has different versions. Can I run a report that will show me this despite what version of the softwaer is? Like Firefox for example.
6 REPLIES 6
ranman
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks guys, works great.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
try:

Select tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.ComputerUnique,
tblComputers.Domain
From tblComputers
Where tblComputers.Computername Not In (Select tblsoftware.ComputerName
From tblsoftware Where tblsoftware.softwareName like 'mozilla firefox%')
ranman
Engaged Sweeper
When I put Mozilla Firefox or UltraVnc it doesn't eliminate anything. When I put a version(ex. Mozilla Firefox (3.6.9) or UltraVnc 1.04 it eliminates only that version.
ranman
Engaged Sweeper
That's what I'm looking for but it's only doing specific versions. Say if I am trying to find Mozilla Firefox, I have to do a query for each version. This is what I'm trying to avoid. Is there a way to do a query that will show me this on all versions of software?

Thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
ranman wrote:
That's what I'm looking for but it's only doing specific versions. Say if I am trying to find Mozilla Firefox, I have to do a query for each version. This is what I'm trying to avoid. Is there a way to do a query that will show me this on all versions of software?

Thanks.

The query above is version independent, it only looks at the name of the software.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
See this example (replace the name of the software)

this shows all computers without 'Microsoft Outlook 2002'

Select tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.ComputerUnique,
tblComputers.Domain
From tblComputers
Where tblComputers.Computername Not In (Select tblsoftware.ComputerName
From tblsoftware Where tblsoftware.softwareName = 'microsoft outlook 2002')