→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbirchfield
Engaged Sweeper
We have Lansweeper Premium installed and working fine except for the reporting of events. When it reports an event from the event log monitoring the time is off by 3 hours. All of our servers are on east coast time but Lansweeper shows the event 3 hours behind. I have double checked the application server and it is correct. We are running version 4.0.0.27.
8 REPLIES 8
sbirchfield
Engaged Sweeper
I checked that as well. It is using the same Eastern time zone and is correct. I will PM you my contact information in case you want to look at this closer.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Last thing I can think: the time settings of the mail server?
sbirchfield
Engaged Sweeper
I just checked again. They are all showing (GMT -5:00 EST) I even checked the VMware host server time to be sure it was correctly set also. I can't find anywhere that it would be picking up that time from. The SQL database server, the application server with the event and the app server that Lansweeper is installed on all have the same time zone settings.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I'll see if we can reproduce this.

Can you confirm that this is correct:
Scanning server,database server,mail server and scanned computer are all in the same time zone.
sbirchfield
Engaged Sweeper
The database is on another server, but still in the same time zone and the system time and time zone is also correct.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is the database server running on the same server in the same time zone?
sbirchfield
Engaged Sweeper
I have checked the server that had the event occur, the application server for Lansweeper and the local host receiving the message and all of them are in sync using the GMT -5:00 Eastern time zone.

I am showing one right now as follows:
Time: 8/17/2010 5:53:23 PM. It is only 2:56 PM EST!

On the event log of the server it shows:
8/17/2010 1:53:23 PM

Lansweeper is actually reporting it 4 hours ahead. I see that it is reporting in GMT.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Hi,

The event time is the event time as read on the remote server.
If the remote server has a different time zone you will see a different time.