cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael_biron
Engaged Sweeper II
Searched and found the script for last password changed, when next password is expiring, etc....

When I try to setup the report, all I get is this: The column name is not valid. [ Node name (if any) = *,Column name = * ]

Does anyone know how to setup this report? Should it be a report?

Thanks!
Mike
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you mention under which URL you found the report you would like to use.
If you are referring to this topic: http://www.lansweeper.com/Forum/yaf_postst6264_Password-last-set.aspx#post27341

This is about a custom action. Custom actions may use an external VBS script which is stored in your Lansweeper service Actions folder. Custom actions need to be defined under Configuration\Asset pages, section Asset Actions.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
michael_biron
Engaged Sweeper II
No problem. I'll just have to wait until Lansweeper adds the features we are looking for into the product. Over time, we will eventually get all the bells and whistles I'm sure.

Thanks for the help!

Mike
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We can't really troubleshoot issues with third-party tools unfortunately. Lansweeper includes powerful features for creating custom actions, installers and reports, but these do require some scripting/SQL knowledge. We help out where we can, but we can't provide support for third-party actions or installers.
michael_biron
Engaged Sweeper II
I get errorcode: 80070574

Sorry for all the questions. Seems like this should be way easier than it is. Lansweeper does so much, and has helped
us greatly with inventory and information. Customization on the other hand, has been poor.

Thank you for all your help.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
{username} is a placeholder for the last logged on user on the asset you are running the asset action for. In this case it is the user account for which you check the last password reset date.
michael_biron
Engaged Sweeper II
what is the username for? Specify the user that I want to check the password status of? Or, username with priv's to run the script?
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
In order to use this script, copy it from the post mentioned before, paste it into a new txt file in an editor. Save it as a .VBS file in your Lansweeper actions folder (Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions by default). Then on the web console under Configuration\Asset pages, section Asset actions, create a new asset action and use the filename of your script as asset action, together with a parameter which passes the username to it. I.e.

{actionpath}yourscript.vbs {username}

{actionpath} and {username} are variables which will be automatically filled by Lansweeper if you execute the asset action from an asset page.
michael_biron
Engaged Sweeper II
Yes, that's the one....

So, how to I go about creating a Asset action with this? I just tried creating a new asset action, and pasted the script into the action line, but it's displaying in red.

Thank you for your help!
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you mention under which URL you found the report you would like to use.
If you are referring to this topic: http://www.lansweeper.com/Forum/yaf_postst6264_Password-last-set.aspx#post27341

This is about a custom action. Custom actions may use an external VBS script which is stored in your Lansweeper service Actions folder. Custom actions need to be defined under Configuration\Asset pages, section Asset Actions.