→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HarkinsIT
Champion Sweeper
I saw this morning that 4.0 final was released but when I read through the documentation, I did not see anything about upgrading. I'm currently running 3.5.2.4 and I'm just wondering if there's anything special I need to know before I run the installer.

Thanks!
-Chris
16 REPLIES 16
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please copy/paste this in your new web.config file.

<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_HANDLER_Lansweeper" value="sqlserver.htm"/>
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_STRING_Lansweeper" value="Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=HARPOINT;Initial Catalog=Lansweeper32;User ID=lssqluser32;Password=mysecretpassword0*"/>
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_DATABASETYPE_Lansweeper" value="SQLServer"/>
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_SCHEMA_Lansweeper" value=""/>
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_CATALOG_Lansweeper" value=""/>
</appSettings>
<system.web>
<compilation debug="false" strict="false" explicit="true">
</compilation>
</system.web>
</configuration>
HarkinsIT
Champion Sweeper
Here are the files.

Thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you upload your changed web.config file please (and the original web.config from the backup please)
HarkinsIT
Champion Sweeper
OK, I ran the installer and when it finished, I got an error that said, "Error:Error:Upgrading Lansweeper website configuration file failed!"

When I attempt to access the LANSweeper console from http://myservername:8080/lansweeper32 I get this:

Configuration Error 
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 1: <configuration><appSettings><add key="MM_CONNECTION_HANDLER_Lansweeper" value="sqlserver.htm"/><add key="MM_CONNECTION_STRING_Lansweeper" value="Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=MYSERVER;Initial Catalog=Lansweeper32;User ID=lssqluser32;Password=mysecretpassword0*"/><add key="MM_CONNECTION_DATABASETYPE_Lansweeper" value="SQLServer"/><add key="MM_CONNECTION_SCHEMA_Lansweeper" value=""/><add key="MM_CONNECTION_CATALOG_Lansweeper" value=""/><add key="dateformat" value="MM/dd/yyyy"/></appSettings><system.web><compilation debug="false" strict="false" explicit="true"><assemblies><add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/><add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/><add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/><add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/></assemblies></compilation><httpHandlers><remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/><add verb="*" path="*.asmx" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory" validate="false"/><add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false"/><add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false"/></httpHandlers><httpModules><add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/></httpModules></system.web></configuration>

Source File: C:\Program Files\lansweeper32\website\web.config Line: 1

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Not sure what went wrong but I could use some help here.

Thanks!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Take a full backup first.
The installer will detect the installed version and offer to upgrade.
BenKnox
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
Take a full backup first.
The installer will detect the installed version and offer to upgrade.

What is the best way to take a full backup?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
BenKnox wrote:
What is the best way to take a full backup?

With the sql management console right click on the database/backup.
For the website you can just take a file backup of the complete folder.