cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmulder
Engaged Sweeper
I am not sure if anyone can help with this or not. I am looking to write a vb script that will pull the computer name I run it on and will take username and password from me and use those to run a command. I am using psexec and want to have a custom action that launches a remote cmd window for the machine I run it on. If there is a better way to do this I am open to hearing that as well. I currently have the script pulling the name right if I echo it, but it is not letting me insert that into a cmd command .

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
Nick
5 REPLIES 5
Salamine
Engaged Sweeper III
If WScript.Arguments.Count = 1 Then
strcomputer= WScript.Arguments(0)

Dim wshShell
Set wshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

wshShell.Run "\\<lansweeperserver>\actions\pstools\psexec.exe " & strcomputer & "<command>"

Set wshShell = Nothing
WScript.Quit
EB
Engaged Sweeper III
for use outside lansweeper you could use this in a batch file...or trigger the batch inside lansweeper...idk...havent tried that ...

BATCHFILE CONTENT:::

@echo off
:rerun
echo Enter Machine Name OR IP Address
set /p machine=
psexec \\%machine% cmd

echo Do you want to run it again? y or n
set /p ans=
@ECHO OFF
IF %ans%==y GOTO rerun
IF %ans%==n GOTO No

:No
GOTO End
:end

EB
Engaged Sweeper III
I am not sure why yours asks for cred's....mine just runs and works...

{actionpath}psexec \\{computer} cmd

this should work under current user...
nmulder
Engaged Sweeper
No one has any idea?
nmulder
Engaged Sweeper
I found that it is easier to pass this command "{actionpath}pstools\PsExec.exe \\{computer} -u domain\username -p password cmd" Is there a way to insert credentials of currently logged in lasweeper user? or prompt for credential input? I would rather not have credentials hard coded in the command itself.