→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LithiumKid1976
Champion Sweeper
hi
Just going back to a previous question i logged, where lansweeper was not finding usernames in the search area.
i just got back to check out something, i have noticed that the machines which the user logs on too, are comming up with this error.

Wmierror Cannot connect to DCOM port 135 : Firewalled? (MI3171) 03/06/2009 17:23:03
Wmierror The RPC server is unavailable 0x800706BA (xxxx.marine.ie, MIxxxx, 10.11.2.10) 03/06/2009 17:23:02

and are marked "red" on the digital dashboard (about 38 in total)

so the people who use these machines, we are not getting the full info back.,
How do i go about rectifying this?

Thanks
Damien
22 REPLIES 22
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Are you using the latest version (3.5.1 or 3.5.2 beta)?
kpulford
Engaged Sweeper
I am having the same problem on my domain computers in a differnt subnet. Everyone is under the same Firewall policy so I know we are permitting 135. I have also tried this on the offending workstations with the firewall turned off.

Further detail is the computer shows up in the lansweeper list, but, the dashboard show it hasn't scanned either the OS or the software.

My subnet is accross a router, we have 135 open on the router, and when I do a test connection it appear to be fine. Is there another port I need to check for this?

Thanks

Kevin
neosys
Engaged Sweeper II
1- Check that Windows firewall is turn off or permitting port 135
1a- check that Dcom is enabled - http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/accessdenied.aspx
2- in cmd run telnet ipaddressofmachine 135 (to make sure you can connect)
3- use the testconnection tool to test your admin/user credentials

This is due to the windows Firewall being activate on these machine.
ex like installing SP3 reactivates the firewall...
Groupe Rodeus