cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lakatta0
Engaged Sweeper

This happens for every package deployed to a a group of computers and not others. has anyone seen this error before and solved it. Thank you in advance. 

Return 1620

using: Scanning Credentials

Result: Deployment ended: This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.. Stop(Failure). 

Command: msiexec.exe /i "\\LanSweeperKeeper\DefaultPackageShare$\Installers\site.msi" /norestart /qn

4 REPLIES 4
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hi Antony,

Unfortunately, we found another outstanding issue with deployments. A few other customers reported a similar issue. We are working on a fix and hope to provide a new update as soon as possible.

FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello, 

A "1620" error normally means that the package can't be opened. 
Because Lansweeper puts the packages on a share, you can check if access to that share is guaranteed. Next to that, please also check the number of connections that are allowed to that share. For performance reasons, Lansweeper limits the number of connections to 25 by default. 

stahly88
Engaged Sweeper II

we are having the same issue too where no deployments are going out at all too & we do rely heavily on this to keep our environment uptodate.

Antony_S
Engaged Sweeper III

Hello,
I have the same case since I upgraded yesterday on 11.4.0.4.
I can't deploy any package to my asset.
It said that it's impossible to open the package and to check if I have access or to verify if the MSI is valid.
I also contact the support.
Hope it will be fix soon.