cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Merick1983
Engaged Sweeper
I'm not sure if this is currently possible, but if not, could it be added to the wishlist?

I was wondering if it was possible to have lansweeper automatically put assets into groups?

For example, I'd like to create an Asset Group named "IT" and have lansweeper automatically put assets into the group.. preferably by using the OU's that are used by IT (there are multiple). So if the asset is in an IT OU, it's automatically put into the IT group.. if the asset changes to a non IT OU, it is then removed from the asset group.

It would also be useful if the groups could be managed based on certain hardware or software.. or be able to select any available criteria from lansweeper to manage group, so for an extreme example, any asset that is in an IT OU, has windows 8, has office 2010 installed and is a Dell Precision T5600 goes into it's own asset group.. if any one of those four criteria change, it's removed from the group.

Thanks,
Mark.
3 REPLIES 3
Arv2816
Engaged Sweeper
Any update regarding this functionality?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Arv2816 wrote:
Any update regarding this functionality?

Not yet. This feature is still on our customer wish list, but we do not yet have a release date for it.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not yet have a release date for it. Currently, you would have to create custom reports for the information you are after.