cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrankW
Engaged Sweeper III
hi,
the following things would be nice to be added to the software authorization page:

- possibility to add custom options to approve software (e.g. approve, deny, server approved, client approved, ...)
- add a "version" coloumn to better distinguish different versions (if name and publisher is the same)

thx 🙂

-frank
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
It is not currently possible to authorize specific versions of the same software. We have added this feature request to our customer wish list.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
FrankW wrote:
- possibility to add custom options to approve software (e.g. approve, deny, server approved, client approved, ...)

This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not yet have a release date for it.

FrankW wrote:
- add a "version" coloumn to better distinguish different versions (if name and publisher is the same)

This wasn't clear to us in your other thread either: are you saying that software names are currently duplicated on the software authorization page, which shouldn't happen unless the publisher is different, or are you simply requesting that the names be duplicated and a version column be added?
FrankW
Engaged Sweeper III
Lansweeper wrote:

This wasn't clear to us in your other thread either: are you saying that software names are currently duplicated on the software authorization page, which shouldn't happen unless the publisher is different, or are you simply requesting that the names be duplicated and a version column be added?

The duplicate entrys have been my fault, i fixed that already. I also modded the msi-installers of different software to change the "Publisher" so that i can distinguish different versions in the software authorization.
Example: we are using the Adobe Flash 11 Plugin, it's always the same name and the same publisher. I now cannot distinguish between the different versions. If i now approve the software i'm approving all different versions, even if i want to deny the older ones.

So a simple "version" coloumn would fix that for me 🙂

sorry for causing confusion 🙂

-frank