cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ml
Engaged Sweeper

Hi, I am new to Lansweeper.  Looking to install two instance of Lansweeper, one for servers and one for desktops, connected to the same SQL server but different DBs.   Can this be done?  I can't find any information about changing the database names so when I go do the second installation that it won't overwrite the first database.   Any insight or guidance is appreciated.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

@ml Having two Lansweeper databases on the same SQL server is not supported.  The Lansweeper installer will create the Lansweeper DB at the first install, and there is no option to change the database name.  

You can spin up a new SQL server (this can be the free version SQL Server 2019 Express)  and install a second installation that way. 

Preferably, you can use one Lansweeper installation and one SQL Server database and use two Lansweeper scanning servers. One to scan the servers and one to scan the desktops. 

Setting up an installation with multiple scanning servers 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

@ml Having two Lansweeper databases on the same SQL server is not supported.  The Lansweeper installer will create the Lansweeper DB at the first install, and there is no option to change the database name.  

You can spin up a new SQL server (this can be the free version SQL Server 2019 Express)  and install a second installation that way. 

Preferably, you can use one Lansweeper installation and one SQL Server database and use two Lansweeper scanning servers. One to scan the servers and one to scan the desktops. 

Setting up an installation with multiple scanning servers