cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HarkinsIT
Champion Sweeper
On each of the computers located on our remote job sites, we have a daily Windows backup job scheduled. I've been looking for a way to monitor these jobs on each machine to ensure that they are running. Not sure if this is something that can be added to LANSweeper or not, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks!

-Chris
2 REPLIES 2
HarkinsIT
Champion Sweeper
Yeah, I guess that might work. All computers on each jobsite are backing up to a local file server, so I guess the backup files on the file server could be monitored. The problem is that we have several employees that change job sites pretty regularly and having to keep up with monitoring their specific backup files could get tedious. Having the ability to see the size and date of the backup files would be handy though, so your method does sound good in that regard. I may mess with that a little.

Thanks for the info.
-Chris
taeratrin
Champion Sweeper
Hmm, you could probably set Lansweeper to scan a file in your backup directory, then check the Lastchanged date on it. Not sure of the SQL for this off the top of my head, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.