cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BuckRogers
Engaged Sweeper II

Dear team,

is there any solution to scan a remote office without having a vpn connection to our main Lansweeper installation?

It would be nice if there is a small proxy server running under windows or even linux which will deliver scanning possibilities at smaller locations and relay the data in the same manner lsagent is doing it with the relay server lansweeper is offering.

How do you scan smaller offices? Do you deply a server at every location or do you connect all sites via vpn together. Our smaller customers are sometimes cloud only customers and have no need for vpn site 2 site connections between their offices.

So a small agent running on a Pc, Raspberry pi or any other system onsite would be great to still get all the data from the infrastructure components.

Thank you in advance

Florian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rom
Champion Sweeper II

Throw the lansweeper server on a windows desktop OS (windows 10, etc) and scan...  connect the tenant to the cloud.  You don't need a server, it can use IIS Express and SQL Express on a desktop OS.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BuckRogers
Engaged Sweeper II

Is it posible to query further hardware onsite like switches, access points with lsagent? My customer has a lot of small offices with a switch, firewall, accesspoints, one printer. In these offices there are only client systems for MS365 running. They are completly in intune and have no further server connection. But I would like to scan their infrastructure to keep everything in lansweeper.

regards

Flo

Tim_N
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Hello @BuckRogers 

There are a few ways this can be completed. To know what's on site at each location, you may want to consider deploying LsAgent as DKnappe1 has suggested. Download LsAgent - Lansweeper IT Asset Management But, this will only discover the asset details it's installed onto. 

Another idea is to have LsPush configured as a GPO (How to use the LsPush scanning agent in a group policy - Scanning your network - Lansweeper Communit...) but this will require a scan server to be present on the local network of each location. 

You also mentioned Azure, if you have configured InTune for deployment, that's another way to discover assets deployed in the environment. 

But, to get network, print, firewall, etc devices, you'll need to have a local scan server in that environment. 

For ease of management for you and your team, you'll want to sync these installations to the Lansweeper Cloud where they can all be visible there in a single pane of glass. Otherwise, you'll be having to log into each server to manage that one environment.

Managing multiple environments can be challenging, but Lansweeper and our new cloud environment should be able to help you get things in control. I hope this helps. 

Tim N.
Lansweeper Employee
BuckRogers
Engaged Sweeper II

Thank you for the answer.

"But, to get network, print, firewall, etc devices, you'll need to have a local scan server in that environment. "

Thats exactly my problem. In smaller location we do not have any server system. A small ecosystem for such environment would be my wish for the future.

A kind of lsagent for smtp scanning which you can install on a win/mac/linux system. All data is relayed in the same manner lsagent is doing it. That would simplify the setup completly. Rght now you need a dedicated lansweeper system to monitor small branch offices. I think the footprint could be much smuller in this use cases.

Maybe there es a possibility to enhance the lsagent service with snmp probes. So you can declare one or two machines in the branch office doing the remote snmp scanning stuff as a proxy / relay server.

regards

Florian

rom
Champion Sweeper II

Throw the lansweeper server on a windows desktop OS (windows 10, etc) and scan...  connect the tenant to the cloud.  You don't need a server, it can use IIS Express and SQL Express on a desktop OS.

Dknappe1
Engaged Sweeper

Would the LsAgent relay server not be exactly would you need? Upload it through their service.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now