cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaynePDX
Engaged Sweeper
Result: Deployment ended: This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package. Stop(Failure). Credential: (bcc\e137085). ShareCredential: (bcc\e137085).
Command: msiexec.exe /i "\\lgsbackup\DefaultPackageShare$\installers\tightvnc\tightvnc-2.8.8-setup-64bit.msi" /norestart /qn SET_USEVNCAUTHENTICATION=1 VALUE_OF_USEVNCAUTHENTICATION=1 SET_PASSWORD=1 VALUE_OF_PASSWORD=*******SET_VIEWONLYPASSWORD=1 VALUE_OF_VIEWONLYPASSWORD=******** SET_USECONTROLAUTHENTICATION=1 VALUE_OF_USECONTROLAUTHENTICATION=1 SET_CONTROLPASSWORD=1 VALUE_OF_CONTROLPASSWORD=*********
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nick_VDB
Champion Sweeper III
We recommend that you review your package and manually test each step on a target machine where the package is failing to install. Copy the Result Command of your step and manually run it in Command Prompt on a target machine to see if it works. This should help you identify the cause of the issue. Only when the command works in Command Prompt will it work in Lansweeper as well. It may be that the path is incorrect or that the MSI cannot be opened. Certain commands may be required to deploy that software so you may have to contact them to get more information on the commands that are needed to install the software.

msiexec.exe /i "\\lgsbackup\DefaultPackageShare$\installers\tightvnc\tightvnc-2.8.8-setup-64bit.msi" /norestart /qn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaynePDX
Engaged Sweeper
i got it to work, it was an oversight in the package name. thank you.
Nick_VDB
Champion Sweeper III
We recommend that you review your package and manually test each step on a target machine where the package is failing to install. Copy the Result Command of your step and manually run it in Command Prompt on a target machine to see if it works. This should help you identify the cause of the issue. Only when the command works in Command Prompt will it work in Lansweeper as well. It may be that the path is incorrect or that the MSI cannot be opened. Certain commands may be required to deploy that software so you may have to contact them to get more information on the commands that are needed to install the software.

msiexec.exe /i "\\lgsbackup\DefaultPackageShare$\installers\tightvnc\tightvnc-2.8.8-setup-64bit.msi" /norestart /qn