cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syswiz88
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

What's the best way to configure a dynamic group to list all the desktop PCs. I've created 1 for laptops which is fine. I've configured the following dynamic group for desktop PCs, but obviously it doesn't catch everthing. Am I doing it the right way. Please see attached screenshot 🙂

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We answered this question via email on May 24th, but FYI for everyone else: any chassis type other than laptop, notebook and portable can be considered a desktop, so I would recommend adding all chassis types to a dynamic desktop group except for the aforementioned ones. We read the chassis as it is stored in WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) on the computer itself.

If you build a report under Reports\Create New Report, you can also base it on the tblPortableBattery database table. Windows computers with an entry in this table are laptops. (TblPortablyBattery is not available for filtering in dynamic asset groups.)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We answered this question via email on May 24th, but FYI for everyone else: any chassis type other than laptop, notebook and portable can be considered a desktop, so I would recommend adding all chassis types to a dynamic desktop group except for the aforementioned ones. We read the chassis as it is stored in WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) on the computer itself.

If you build a report under Reports\Create New Report, you can also base it on the tblPortableBattery database table. Windows computers with an entry in this table are laptops. (TblPortablyBattery is not available for filtering in dynamic asset groups.)
Juha_Otava
Engaged Sweeper III
I would add at least chassis types: pizza box, all in one and desktop.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now