cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barnesjERU
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I am relatively new to Lansweeper and all current deployments were setup by my predecessor. I have multiple deployment packages failing with the following error:

Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure). Credential: (Domain\Username). ShareCredential: (Domain\Username). Command: "\\(filepath)"

Or

Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure). Credential: (Domain\Username). ShareCredential: (Domain\Username).
Command: "(Executable file path)" /config "(executable file path)\config.xml"

initially I had felt that this was an issue with the credentials for the user that is being used for the installs. My network admin disagreed. I'm still fighting this and your input would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jesse G. Barnes III
1 REPLY 1
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The deployment errors can be a bit confusing for users new to the the deployment module. The credentials mentioned in the error are simply the credentials which were used. It usually has nothing to do with the error itself.

The most important part of the error message will always be the beginning.

Incorrect function means that the command was executed but returned an error. This can have many different causes (File not found, access denied, command is incorrect, etc...). We recommend testing the failed step/command of a deployment package manually in the command prompt of the client machine, if possible using the same account under which you are deploying.

For testing the commands:
  • Copy the Result command of the failed deployment package step
  • Paste the command into the command prompt of the machine where the deployment failed.
This should help you identify the cause of the issue.