cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomas
Engaged Sweeper III
It would be really useful if there where dynamic groups for deployment, where an asset falls out when a particular Deployment has been successful.

I’ve been doing this with a combination of Groups and Reports, but that’s gets messy quickly and heavily encapsulated, which is noticeable on the server’s performance.
5 REPLIES 5
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I understand now. Thank you for clarifying. I'll add it to the list of dynamic group improvements.
Tomas
Engaged Sweeper III
The requirements for future deployments is impossible to predict so this approach isn’t really feasible or dynamic.

A dynamic group filter to determine whether a specific package has been successfully deployed would cover all future use cases.

Do you see the approach I am getting at?
I can try and elaborate more if need be.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Technically, you can use any deployment package with any asset group and most reports. For reports you will have to make sure your assets are in the report so the deployment module knows what assets to deploy on.

From your reply it sound more like you want additional dynamic group filers and also for some additional information to be scanned by Lansweeper. If you can specify what kind of additions you would like to see I can add them to the existing feature requests.
Tomas
Engaged Sweeper III
This only works for software deployment, i need to be able to do this for scripts and other modifications that are not scanned or accessibly in the dynamic group conditions.

I.E i have a deployment package that sets the sleep and hibernation times to never. I need to be able to accurately monitor the deployment status.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Currently it is already possible to create dynamic groups for deployment which automatically drop assets when a deployment is successful . You can create a dynamic group which does not have a specific software installed. Once deployed on this dynamic group, the assets will have this software installed on it. As a result these assets will no longer be in the dynamic group.

A specific example for clarification:
Create a dynamic group for all assets without 'Photoshop' installed with the following filters.
  • State | Equal To | Active
  • Software installed | Not Like | Adobe Photoshop%
Create a new deployment Configuration in Deployment\Scheduled Deployments. Select the newly created dynamic group when choosing an option for 'Deploy On'.

After a deployment, the assets will not have Photoshop installed, and as a result will no longer be in the dynamic group.