→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dscoland
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi Lansweeper Community,

I have been tasked with creating a Dynamic Group that lists scanned registry or file items.
I noticed that the Filter for the Asset Fields within the Dynamic Groups do not list the option for files or registry items. I thought maybe the Custom Fields would help on the Asset Pages, but it appears as though they are just for predefined values.

Am I missing something, or is this not supported?

Thanks and Best!
Daniel
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tom_P
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Hi,

We received and answered this question via email. For everyone else's benefit, I'm pasting the answer we sent via email below.

At this time it is unfortunately not possible to use scanned registry entries or scanned file properties as filter criteria for a dynamic group. We will however mark this ticket as a feature request and add it to our wishlist. Features on the customer wishlist get development prioritization based on a combination of customer demand and difficulty to implement. As such we can unfortunately not give an estimated release date when this update may get released.

Depending the reason or goal for this dynamic group, as a workaround in some cases, you could create a custom report that returns the assets based on having these registry entries or file properties scanned. The tables that are storing this data are the following:
  • tblRegistry
  • tblFileVersions
If you are interested in building or modifying such a report, we do recommend:
  • Reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder is a standard SQL editor. If you know SQL, you know how to build Lansweeper reports as well.
  • Making use of our database dictionary, which explains in great detail what each database table and field stores.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tom_P
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Hi,

We received and answered this question via email. For everyone else's benefit, I'm pasting the answer we sent via email below.

At this time it is unfortunately not possible to use scanned registry entries or scanned file properties as filter criteria for a dynamic group. We will however mark this ticket as a feature request and add it to our wishlist. Features on the customer wishlist get development prioritization based on a combination of customer demand and difficulty to implement. As such we can unfortunately not give an estimated release date when this update may get released.

Depending the reason or goal for this dynamic group, as a workaround in some cases, you could create a custom report that returns the assets based on having these registry entries or file properties scanned. The tables that are storing this data are the following:
  • tblRegistry
  • tblFileVersions
If you are interested in building or modifying such a report, we do recommend:
  • Reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder is a standard SQL editor. If you know SQL, you know how to build Lansweeper reports as well.
  • Making use of our database dictionary, which explains in great detail what each database table and field stores.
dscoland
Engaged Sweeper III
Just wanted to bump this. Thank you!