cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sekhijo
Engaged Sweeper
Hello LS Community,

I would like to know if there is a way to either remove or rename some default columns or fields when viewing all assets. For example, the Building column, Barcode, Branch Office, Order number or make the default view of the assets to only display certain columns.
4 REPLIES 4
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Unfortunately it's currently not possible to modify built-in views such as the general Assets tab. Being able to customize this has been requested before and is already on our customer wishlist. I've moved your topic to the wishlist section of the forum in this context. We don't have an estimated release date for this change yet though.

It is possible though to create any view you want by creating a custom report under the Reports tab. If you are interested in building or modifying reports, we do recommend:
  • Reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder is a standard SQL editor. If you know SQL, you know how to build Lansweeper reports as well. This seems like a good tutorial: https://www.w3schools.com/sql/
  • Making use of our database dictionary, which explains in great detail what each database table and field stores. More information on the dictionary can be found here: https://www.lansweeper.com/Forum/yaf_postst9870_Lansweeper-database-dictionary.aspx#post38296
brando
Engaged Sweeper

I've been searching around for a solution to this as well. Is this possible now?

JamesArm
Engaged Sweeper II

As mfassler asked as well, has there been any progress on this? There's certain fields, such as Switch port, that would be extremely useful for us to be able to see at a glance. While we can and do create reports for this sort of thing, having it in the default assets tab would be a boon.

mfassler
Engaged Sweeper II

Is this STILL the case?  It's been 6 years since this was posted, and it still seems we can't modify built-in views, such as the general Assets tab default fields.  Is there any chance that wishlist item will EVER happen if it hasn't happened in the last 6+ years?!  (or have I missed something and it's available now?)