cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
If I have a group, and run a ping on the group (even 10-15 devices), the performance of the server drops and hardly works. Is this normal? I realize that it's a strain on the server, is there anything I can set that might improve this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This happens if you are starting a manual ping to many assets of which some don't respond or respond very slowly. You won't be able to open another page until the ping requests finished which takes up to one minute. This is expected behavior. If you would like to perform regular status tests, we recommend setting up IP range scans in an interval of a few hours or even minutes and creating a report which lists the "Last seen" date of the assets rather than using the Ping assets function.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This happens if you are starting a manual ping to many assets of which some don't respond or respond very slowly. You won't be able to open another page until the ping requests finished which takes up to one minute. This is expected behavior. If you would like to perform regular status tests, we recommend setting up IP range scans in an interval of a few hours or even minutes and creating a report which lists the "Last seen" date of the assets rather than using the Ping assets function.
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
This is not an individual ping from a single asset. If I click on assets to the right of Dashboard, then narrow the list down with filters to all PCs that start with HS-102, which returns 30, then I hit ping assets on the left the entire site slows to a crawl.

If you cannot reproduce this, I can take a screen cast video.

Also, this doesn't happen any other time. I could deploy a package to 30 computers and the site is fine.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We can not reproduce the issue. Pings which you initiate from the web console by hitting the Ping assets button are performed from the computer hosting your web console. You can find details in this KB article. Is your website slow after starting a ping or other things are slow as well?