cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suspect0
Engaged Sweeper
We're starting to physically tag all our IT assets on site. I'd like to run a report to show the basic information on those assets, but I only want to see assets with that field populated. If it matters the field (for now) is a 4 digit number. IE, 0001, 0002, 0003, etc.

I should also note, I'm a super report n00b. Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Do the following to list assets whose Custom1 field is filled in:
  • Open the report builder under Reports\Create New Report.
  • In the visual representation of the report in the upper section of the report builder, tick the Custom1 field in the tblAssetCustom database table.
  • In the expression list in the middle section of the report builder, add the below to the Criteria column of the tblAssetCustom.Custom1 expression.
  • Give your report a title and hit Save & Run.

Is Not Null and <> ''

If you are interested in building or modifying reports, we do recommend:
  • Reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder is a standard SQL editor. If you know SQL, you know how to build Lansweeper reports as well. This seems like a good tutorial.
  • Making use of our database dictionary, more information on which can be found here. The dictionary explains in great detail what each table and field stores.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
suspect0
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you Susan, that's exactly what I wanted.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Do the following to list assets whose Custom1 field is filled in:
  • Open the report builder under Reports\Create New Report.
  • In the visual representation of the report in the upper section of the report builder, tick the Custom1 field in the tblAssetCustom database table.
  • In the expression list in the middle section of the report builder, add the below to the Criteria column of the tblAssetCustom.Custom1 expression.
  • Give your report a title and hit Save & Run.

Is Not Null and <> ''

If you are interested in building or modifying reports, we do recommend:
  • Reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder is a standard SQL editor. If you know SQL, you know how to build Lansweeper reports as well. This seems like a good tutorial.
  • Making use of our database dictionary, more information on which can be found here. The dictionary explains in great detail what each table and field stores.