cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niek_neuij
Engaged Sweeper
Howdy. I'm looking for a method of actively monitoring a certain asset group. And I want an alarm when an individual asset in an asset group can't be pinged anymore.

Maybe I'm overlooking things, but I can't figure out how to do that. Could you help me?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bart_E
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper does not provide real-time monitoring for network devices at the moment. However, a monitoring agent is on our customer wish list.

A computer’s ping status (online/offline) is not stored in the database and can therefore not be included in reports. This makes it impossible to create a report alert for this. At best, you could (for instance) create a report listing machines that haven’t been successfully scanned in a while or create an Event Log Alert, which are sent as soon as a specific event (Power Off Event) of your choice is scanned. But do note that Lansweeper won't be able to scan shutdown events until the machine comes back online. This makes it impossible to generate real-time alerts for computer shutdowns.

General information on how to set up Lansweeper to send out email alerts can be found in this article.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bart_E
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper does not provide real-time monitoring for network devices at the moment. However, a monitoring agent is on our customer wish list.

A computer’s ping status (online/offline) is not stored in the database and can therefore not be included in reports. This makes it impossible to create a report alert for this. At best, you could (for instance) create a report listing machines that haven’t been successfully scanned in a while or create an Event Log Alert, which are sent as soon as a specific event (Power Off Event) of your choice is scanned. But do note that Lansweeper won't be able to scan shutdown events until the machine comes back online. This makes it impossible to generate real-time alerts for computer shutdowns.

General information on how to set up Lansweeper to send out email alerts can be found in this article.