cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keet
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I have a list with a lot of servers and I want to check that all servers exist in Lansweeper. When I scan servers with a name that doesn't exist I can't find a message of it in lansweeper. Is there a log or report where I can find the message?

For example:
I scan server blabla that doesn't exist.
Than I look in report "Asset scanning options" or one of the error reports.
I can't find a message with blabla doesn't exist.
The check is for a lot of servers and I don't want to check each server so I am looking for a report or log where I can see blabla doesn't exist in Lansweeper.

Kind regards,

Keet
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
As you cannot add additional tables to the Lansweeper database (you can, but we recommend not to), we suggest you export the scanned assets to Excel using a report and compare the list of assets in Excel using VLOOKUP function. Another option is to create the table with all assets in another database and create a new query in SQL Management Studio.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
As you cannot add additional tables to the Lansweeper database (you can, but we recommend not to), we suggest you export the scanned assets to Excel using a report and compare the list of assets in Excel using VLOOKUP function. Another option is to create the table with all assets in another database and create a new query in SQL Management Studio.
keet
Engaged Sweeper
I use:
Configuration -> Scanning Methods -> Batch Scanning

When I scan 1 server it is simple to check the server is added. But I scan hundreds of servers and than I can't check all servers are added.

Some servers don't respond because they are at a dmv, other subnet, other suffix or ping is disabled. We want to know which servers we miss so we can ask the engineers to make scanning with Lansweeper possible.

For example:
Server blabla exists but there is a problem so Lansweeper can't see the server (DMZ)
We scan Server blabla and a lot of other servers with batch scanning
We want to know what servers didn't respond during scanning
Than we can check the server exist and than find out why the server didn't respond

Before scanning
LIST
Server1
Server2
Server4

Lansweeper
Server1
Server3

After scanning
LIST
Server1
Server2 (didn't respond)
Server4

Lansweeper
Server1
Server3
Server4 (added)

Lansweeper already contains a lot of servers so we don't know which servers are added during the scan. We also don't know which servers are in the list, we used with batch scanning, and which servers are not in Lansweeper.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
How do you initiate a scan to a server that doesn't exist (what scanning method)?
A simple IP range scan should add all servers as new assets (at least with a scanning error), assuming they are up. Not existing servers will never list this way of course.