cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrkon
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,
We installed the trial of LanSweeper and I haven't had much time to look at it. But the other day I was inundated with software maintenance renewals. new license requests from several users for several products.

Essentially we have a lot of users who use a lot of different pieces of software and presently no way to manage who has what.

I was wondering if it was possible to use Lansweeper to tie software licenses to a user account in a similar way that you can tie hardware items to a user account?

Ideally we could say:
User John Smith has this desktop, this monitor, software product A, software product B.
Then when software B is due for renewal, I could see which users have a license for it.

If a user resigns, we can see the software assets that are now freed up.

It might be really basic, and something I have missed in the manual, but if it can do this, we would consider purchasing the product to help track everything.

Thanks!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received and answered this question via email last week, but for everyone else's benefit I'm pasting the reply we sent via email below.
Regarding your question, you can create a new asset type in Lansweeper (e.g. called "Software") and then you would be able to manually create a new asset with the Software name (e.g. "Adobe"). Afterwards, you can create asset relations and link them. Please find more information regarding this here and here.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received and answered this question via email last week, but for everyone else's benefit I'm pasting the reply we sent via email below.
Regarding your question, you can create a new asset type in Lansweeper (e.g. called "Software") and then you would be able to manually create a new asset with the Software name (e.g. "Adobe"). Afterwards, you can create asset relations and link them. Please find more information regarding this here and here.