cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rseiler
Engaged Sweeper III
Pretty trivial and no doubt an easy fix, but I just thought that I'd give a heads-up that Win10 1607 is unrecognized by certain widgets, such as "Windows OS/SP Overview." Perhaps they trigger off the build number, which of course changed (10586 to 14393). A surer way might have been to look at the ProductName in the Registry, which is unchanged.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I assume development chose the build number because the OS name might not be uniform across language-specific OS releases. I've created a ticket for development to get the new build number implemented, but I'm not sure when a new Lansweeper update will be available.

You can manually resolve the issue by executing the script below in the Configuration\Database Scripts section of the web console. The script adds an entry to tsysOS. Copy and paste the code and hit the Execute SQL Code button. To be safe, back up your database prior to running any scripts. Backup instructions can be found here.
INSERT INTO tsysOS(OScode, OSname, Image, Sortorder) VALUES('10.0.14393', 'Win 10', 'ten10.png', 18)
GO

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I assume development chose the build number because the OS name might not be uniform across language-specific OS releases. I've created a ticket for development to get the new build number implemented, but I'm not sure when a new Lansweeper update will be available.

You can manually resolve the issue by executing the script below in the Configuration\Database Scripts section of the web console. The script adds an entry to tsysOS. Copy and paste the code and hit the Execute SQL Code button. To be safe, back up your database prior to running any scripts. Backup instructions can be found here.
INSERT INTO tsysOS(OScode, OSname, Image, Sortorder) VALUES('10.0.14393', 'Win 10', 'ten10.png', 18)
GO
rseiler
Engaged Sweeper III
Right, I guessed that it was triggered off the build number, though I wonder why they do it that way when the name could be used to id it regardless of build.

Anyway, it was a preview release last month but it's out now. The volume license service center received it today, and it goes wide tomorrow.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The cause of the issue is the build number not being in the tsysOS table of the Lansweeper database yet. The build you're referring to is a preview build though, from what I understand. Unfortunately, I don't think our developers will add support for it until it becomes an official Windows release. You can always add your own entry to the tsysOS table, but be careful when manually editing tables and back up your database first.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now