cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexKrietsch
Engaged Sweeper II

Lansweeper published this great report template that checks your Windows assets for Windows 11 compatibility. 
Windows 11 Requirements Audit - Lansweeper IT Asset Management

However, there is a flaw in this report in that it is marking an asset as failing the "Disk Space > 64 GB" if it detects that there is less than 64 GB of available free space. The actual Windows 11 requirement is that the disk be 64 GB or larger, and the amount of free space you need is highly dependent on several factors.

Whoever built this report decided to check for free space instead, so that means we have several workstations that are marked as failing the compatibility check when they would otherwise update to Windows 11 just fine. For example, a workstation with a 256 GB drive with 60 GB available free space. Obviously available disk space can be a worry in certain situations, but marking machines that have 30,40,50, or 60 GB of free space as incompatible doesn't seem to be the way to go. 

Is there a version of this report that looks at the disk size instead? Or can anyone provide an edited version that does so? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Thanks for the feedback! I've updated the report to ensure it looks at disk capacity instead of free space. I also added free space as one of the columns as I think it's still useful info to have.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
BelcoCCU
Visitor Sweeper

The link is no longer working. I'm seeing a "this site can't be reached" error message. Is someone able to fix the link so that this report can be accessed?

Try again

kdunnett1
Engaged Sweeper

When I copy the report from the above page into LS,  I get the following error:

Invalid SELECT statement. Unexpected token ";" at line 35, pos 71.

Select Distinct Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.Username,
Coalesce(tsysOS.Image, tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10) As icon,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssetCustom.Manufacturer,
tblAssetCustom.Model,
tsysIPLocations.IPLocation,
tblProcessor.Name As CPU,
diskspace.Caption as [Drive Letter],
diskspace.free as [Free Disk Space(GB)],
Case
When CPU.AssetID = tblAssets.AssetID And (TPM.[TPM Version] Is Not Null and TPM.[TPM Version] = 'Pass')
And BIOS.[BIOS Type] = 'Pass' And RAM.RAM = 'Pass' And tblAssets.AssetID =
diskspace.AssetID Then 'Yes'
Else 'No'
End As [W11 Compatible],
Case
When CPU.AssetID = tblAssets.AssetID Then 'Pass'
Else 'Fail'
End As [CPU Compatible],
Case
When TPM.[TPM Version] Is Null Then 'Fail'
Else TPM.[TPM Version]
End As [TPM Version 2.0],
BIOS.[BIOS Type] As [BIOS Type EUFI],
Case
When SecureBoot.Value = 0 Then 'No'
When SecureBoot.Value = 1 Then 'Yes'
Else 'RegKey not found'
End As [Secure Boot Enabled],
RAM.RAM As [RAM > 4GB],
Case
When tblAssets.AssetID = diskspace.AssetID and diskspace.TotalSize > 64

Select by mouse and copy via native copy function. Remove any ; at the end of query

Copy button in report library corrupts sql code. 

I have forwarded it to the website team. Its the > sign that gets transformed into the text version when you use the copy button...

eriqjaffe1
Engaged Sweeper II

I can't seem to find the version of this report that is looking at disk capacity instead of free space, does that version of the report really exist?

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

https://www.lansweeper.com/report/windows-11-requirements-audit/ 

The report contains both a free disk space column and a disk space check column

eriqjaffe1
Engaged Sweeper II

Thanks, but I'm only seeing a "Disk Space > 64GB" column, which appears to be looking at free space and not actual disk capacity.  The "fail" on this is a system that has a 256gb SSD, although only 8.7gb free which I think is why it's failing.  I was expecting to see a "pass" there because the disk does meet requirements.

Screenshot 2023-11-20 090708.pngWould it be possible to amend the report to mark systems like that in yellow to indicate that it is capable but needs intervention?

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Hmm, well this is the subquery used for the disk space. You can use that to verify what the bigger report is using as raw data, any asset listed here should pass the test.

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
Cast(Cast(tblDiskdrives.Freespace As bigint) / 1024 / 1024 / 1024 As numeric) As
free,
Cast(tblDiskdrives.Size / 1024 / 1024 / 1024 As numeric) As TotalSize,
tblComputersystem.SystemType
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblDiskdrives On tblAssets.AssetID = tblDiskdrives.AssetID
Inner Join tblComputersystem On
tblAssets.AssetID = tblComputersystem.AssetID
Where Cast(tblDiskdrives.Size / 1024 / 1024 / 1024 As numeric)
> 64