cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexKrietsch
Engaged Sweeper II

Lansweeper published this great report template that checks your Windows assets for Windows 11 compatibility. 
Windows 11 Requirements Audit - Lansweeper IT Asset Management

However, there is a flaw in this report in that it is marking an asset as failing the "Disk Space > 64 GB" if it detects that there is less than 64 GB of available free space. The actual Windows 11 requirement is that the disk be 64 GB or larger, and the amount of free space you need is highly dependent on several factors.

Whoever built this report decided to check for free space instead, so that means we have several workstations that are marked as failing the compatibility check when they would otherwise update to Windows 11 just fine. For example, a workstation with a 256 GB drive with 60 GB available free space. Obviously available disk space can be a worry in certain situations, but marking machines that have 30,40,50, or 60 GB of free space as incompatible doesn't seem to be the way to go. 

Is there a version of this report that looks at the disk size instead? Or can anyone provide an edited version that does so? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Thanks for the feedback! I've updated the report to ensure it looks at disk capacity instead of free space. I also added free space as one of the columns as I think it's still useful info to have.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
eriqjaffe1
Engaged Sweeper II

Thanks, but I'm only seeing a "Disk Space > 64GB" column, which appears to be looking at free space and not actual disk capacity.  The "fail" on this is a system that has a 256gb SSD, although only 8.7gb free which I think is why it's failing.  I was expecting to see a "pass" there because the disk does meet requirements.

Screenshot 2023-11-20 090708.pngWould it be possible to amend the report to mark systems like that in yellow to indicate that it is capable but needs intervention?

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Hmm, well this is the subquery used for the disk space. You can use that to verify what the bigger report is using as raw data, any asset listed here should pass the test.

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
Cast(Cast(tblDiskdrives.Freespace As bigint) / 1024 / 1024 / 1024 As numeric) As
free,
Cast(tblDiskdrives.Size / 1024 / 1024 / 1024 As numeric) As TotalSize,
tblComputersystem.SystemType
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblDiskdrives On tblAssets.AssetID = tblDiskdrives.AssetID
Inner Join tblComputersystem On
tblAssets.AssetID = tblComputersystem.AssetID
Where Cast(tblDiskdrives.Size / 1024 / 1024 / 1024 As numeric)
> 64

TobyLa
Engaged Sweeper II

Just in case someone needs an updateded version of the compatibility list including some of the newer supported CPUs: here you go. I formated the list on the Microsoft Site for AMD and Intel with Excel and created a very long list of cpus.

This fixed my problem with some new notebooks which were marked as incompatible. Unfortunately the list exceeds the 40.000 characters allowed in this comment section. But you can simply download it from my gdrive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YiN6Xe1l2AtNOUQyoP47R70zfYROGJND/view?usp=sharing

The URL should open a text preview for you where copy/paste the content whithout downloading the sql-file.

Hope this helps

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Thanks for the feedback! I've updated the report to ensure it looks at disk capacity instead of free space. I also added free space as one of the columns as I think it's still useful info to have.

ehabct
Engaged Sweeper

I cant find the report under reports. Where can I find it?

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Its linked at the very top of this post.

ehabct
Engaged Sweeper

When I click on a link, it opens a webpage explaining about the report. but when I login to Lansweeper, I can't find the report. I am not sure what is missing here.

TobyLa
Engaged Sweeper II

You have to create a new report, give it a name, delete the dummy data in the query, overwrite it with the sql query you'll find in the blogpost and hit save & run.

ehabct
Engaged Sweeper

Thank you so much. All set. I am newbie here 🙂

Thanks, it is certainly useful. My organisation wants to do an in-place upgrade and then "free space" is of utmost importance. I had gotten that info from the report "Windows: disk space with color" (web50repwindiskcolor) which I then joinced in Excel.