cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Patch Tuesday May is now live!

As a side note, the Lansweeper Patch Tuesday report is automatically added to Lansweeper Cloud sites. Lansweeper Cloud is included in all our licenses without any additional cost and allows you to federate all your installations into one single view so all you need to do is look at one report, automatically added every patch Tuesday!
5 Comments
jim_burckart
Engaged Sweeper
LS Team

First - Great Job! LanSweeper makes life so much easier

I just ran into a gap with the Patching report.
KB5016247 was released on 12Apr22 with build version of 17763.2803.
KB5012636 was released on 21Apr22 with build version of 17763.2867.

Since KB5012636 was release after the build number is higher the update includes the code for kb5016247 but the original Patch report I'd downloaded did not have the exception for kb5012636.

Looking at the tblassets and would it be possible to update the criteria to search on the BuildNumber field? Doing so would allow for an Equal to or Greater than search for the Month's patch Build and not require the exception list in tblQuickFixEngineeringUni.HotFixID to be manually maintained.

Thank it would work?
Jim
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Jim Durango wrote:
LS Team

Since KB5012636 was release after the build number is higher the update includes the code for kb5016247 but the original Patch report I'd downloaded did not have the exception for kb5012636.

Looking at the tblassets and would it be possible to update the criteria to search on the BuildNumber field? Doing so would allow for an Equal to or Greater than search for the Month's patch Build and not require the exception list in tblQuickFixEngineeringUni.HotFixID to be manually maintained.

Thank it would work?
Jim

It would, I've actually done a couple of experiments to achieve this. The problem is always finding time and test data. The current method works and changing it always brings risks.

If you're interested in trying it in your spare time, here is my test version from May 2022
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
a new blog and report is live for the OOB updates that were released for the AD authentication issues and Microsoft Store issues.
jim_burckart
Engaged Sweeper
Esben

This is Great! Can we get the LS Team to adopt this method? Seems like a more effective move forward

Jim

Esben.D wrote:
Jim Durango wrote:
LS Team

Thank it would work?
Jim

It would, I've actually done a couple of experiments to achieve this. The problem is always finding time and test data. The current method works and changing it always brings risks.

If you're interested in trying it in your spare time, here is my test version from May 2022

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
It's something I'll look into this summer.

The most difficult part is finding the new month's build for older operating systems because the only way I've found to find them is to actually search through the file information files that Microsoft releases for patches.

I'll post this more dynamic version on the forum for the next couple of times to beta test it some more. I just don't want people who are relying on the current version to get a new version of the report that is untested and might have issues.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now