→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Microsoft's Patch Tuesday brings critical patches for 79 vulnerabilities including 4 that have been exploited! The most urgent one being CVE-2024-43491, with a CVSS score of 9.8. It affects Windows 10 version 1507, where previous fixes for vulnerabilities related to Optional Components were reversed. You can find the rest of the summary and an audit in our blog post.

And yes, due to demand I added back the recommended patches 🙂

21 Comments
MikeJep
Engaged Sweeper

Hi - thanks for reinstating the recommended patches column.  Just a quick question - on the new report our 2022 servers are showing as 'out of date' but there is nothing recommended to install?  Please advise if this is correct.

Many thanks

Mike

Screenshot 2024-09-11 111135.png

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

@MikeJep 

You're correct, there was a mistake in the report for Server 2022 specifically. I fixed it. If you refresh the website and grab the latest version it should be fixed.

MikeJep
Engaged Sweeper

That's great and now works fine.  Thanks for the quick response - multiple Kudos to you! 👍 👍

RVBC
Engaged Sweeper

Hi, this is also occuring with our 2019 servers.  Shows KB5043050 as missing although it has been installed.

Many thanks

Mark

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

@RVBC That's something separate. Most likely the patch has been installed but the device has not been rebooted so the patch hasn't been applied, therefore the build number has not been updated.

The report uses builds now, not patches. Build for Server 2019 should be 6293 or higher.

RVBC
Engaged Sweeper

Hi Esben_D

Thank you for you quick response.  I can confirm that we have rebooted the servers in question but the report shows that KB5043050 is missing.  Each of the server's update history also confirms that the update has been applied and the build is 17763.6293.  If it's not the report then I'm not sure what else it can be. I will keep looking and post a solution if found.

Thanks

Mark

donohue17
Engaged Sweeper II

I have the same issue as @RVBC with Server 2019 not showing patched when patched and rebooted. 

YakupGok
Engaged Sweeper

Hi , when i use the latest report I get the follwoing error :

Error: Report not allowed. You need permission to view uptime information

RVBC
Engaged Sweeper

The issue we have with our 2019 servers not showing as up to date within the latest audit report looks to be caused by the build number not updating when we rescan a 2019 server asset.  If we log onto the servers we can see that the build is 17763.6293 but after Lansweeper has scanned the asset the build is still shown as 17763.6292. Hence the report will show the asset as out of date. Not sure of the reason as yet.

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

@YakupGok 

this post might help. Alternatively, you'll have to contact support.

https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/reports-analytics/error-report-not-allowed/td-p/35533 

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

@RVBC The report will also show the build it has detected for each device, so if that isn't being updated its not an error with the report but rather with data not updating which is likely scanning related.

Did you try and rescan the asset from the asset's page using the rescan asset button? It forces a full rescan. Other than that it you're best reaching out to support.

I will also spin up a 2019 VM and check if I can reproduce it.

donohue17
Engaged Sweeper II

@Esben_D I just did a rescan from the asset page and it still shows the old os version even though in windows i see the new version. 

nielsdereus
Engaged Sweeper

Hi,

We are seeing exactly the same issue. Patch is installed, Servers were rebooted. But the 2019 servers report out of date and missing that patch. The buildnumber is still reported as 6292...

Niels

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

@donohue17 @RVBC @nielsdereus 

I just ran some test and its indeed an issue that seems to be easily reproducible. From what I can tell this is a Microsoft mistake although I am not really sure how it works.

When I query the source for build information via PowerShell I also get build 6292, however, in the actual registry key, it says 6293. I have no idea how this works, but it seems that this is where Microsoft made a mistake.

Since Lansweeper will use a programmatic way to retrieve the build, it will receive 6292 from the OS.

What I've done is adjust the report to look at 6292 this time, I assume that next month we won't have the same issue. You can grab the new report from the report page or adjust it yourself in your report.

Microsoft being cool again.png

nielsdereus
Engaged Sweeper

I downloaded the new report and it now looks good.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now